NEW LADDER!!!

This forum relates to Announcements, News and General Discussion of SSG products.

Moderators: AlexS, Run5 Staff, SSG Staff

NEW LADDER!!!

Postby pterrok » Wed May 18, 2005 5:49 am

OK, I've got it up and let's hope it works! Post here your complaints and bug reports...

A note--the Medal of Honor that is showing up in some profiles right now is not official yet, and I want to combine the multiple medals so they get the right pips.

Also, choosing Overall automatically selects All for the game line, though that's not obvious yet, and I will get a 'change in rank' rank in the season or game specific listings by comparing your rank at the start of the year vs that at the end of the year.

Enjoy!

PS -- things DO show up differently depending on if you are logged in or not. When you are NOT logged in you don't see players email addresses nor can you edit your data. When you are logged in, going to the standing page also jumps you down to your listing so you don't have to scroll to find yourself...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Wed May 18, 2005 6:47 am

Hi.

Looks very nice. But I was only able to look at it once.

I went to log in and it asked for username + password. Put them both in and it didnt work. I've even had two emails sent to me confirming both my username and password. Tried it again and still cannot get into the ladder.

It says Sorry--you do not have permission to use this script.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with logging in?

Allan.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Wed May 18, 2005 7:08 am

Hmmmm, each script has permissions to be set that let various people see them and I just didn't have them quite right for all the ladder users to view most pages. (As admin I was seeing them all fine.)

You should be OK now!
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Wed May 18, 2005 7:15 am

Hi.

Yeh all sorted now. New ladder is brilliant...although those seven losses in a row.two of which were against you...(which thankfully I have ended now) are shocking that high up the ladder. From what you said before I could have been as high as 7th.

Allan.
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby pterrok » Wed May 18, 2005 7:30 am

Yeah, your Higest Rank Ever of 2396 would slot you into 6th--but just keep playing and winning and it'll all take care of itself!

Now I just have to get on the ball and beat Fantassin and Stevel40831 a couple of times at something! :lol:

Oh, wait, I've got more stuff planned for the ladder so they'll just have to wait for their thrashings...
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fantassin » Wed May 18, 2005 10:58 am

Well if we both win our current SFKP round 2 games, then you will have a chance to show me that. :twisted:
Fantassin
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Wish List

Postby StormCrow » Wed May 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Looks fantastic!

Wonder if you are taking requests...it would be cool to click on an individual and see not just their record, but the actual games results that comprise that record...would be a bit long for Steve :lol: , but manageable for the rest of us.
StormCrow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Oops!

Postby StormCrow » Wed May 18, 2005 3:44 pm

Ahem, maybe if I just click on all that is clickable I would see the light... :oops:

You da MAN!
StormCrow
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Noakesy » Wed May 18, 2005 5:12 pm

This looks really good, and very clear, well done. My first glance had me worried as with c.300 players on the ladder my rank was 1998, and I know I had a heavy defeat (surely the first of many) I didn't think it was that bad :cry:
Image ImageImage
Noakesy
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Brubaker » Wed May 18, 2005 8:20 pm

Great job PR - a nice result for a lot of hard work put in. Well done. I encourage everybody to participate to get some real meaningful stats up there (and knock off some old champions).
Brubaker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JSS » Wed May 18, 2005 10:26 pm

pterrok,

This is really slick, great job!

One question, when reporting actual score, is this entry for the margin of victory or the actual score for the side?

JSS
Current PBEM Games
1. Sealion (Air Parity) t11 out

JSS
Site Admin

Postby Robjess » Wed May 18, 2005 10:31 pm

Well done mate.. Im going to have to start recording my games on the ladder again!
Robjess
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Postby Cpt. Feathersword » Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Great job Pterrok 8) , you put a lot of thought and effort into this and it shows.

I am going to actually start reporting my games now :shock: .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cpt. Feathersword
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pterrok » Wed May 18, 2005 11:24 pm

JSS--Yeah, it's meant to be be the actual current game score if known. So if someone concedes on turn 6 and if the player they are conceding to is losing then record a negative current actual game score.

e.g. Papa Smurf wanted to concede the MacArthur tourny game to me on Turn 6, with me as the Allies and him as the Axis and the actual game score with the Axis up by hundreds of points. If I had let him concede I would have recorded my win with a NEGATIVE actual game score since the Axis was ahead. (He thought the final score was going to be way, way, way in my favor since I had already taken the entire airfield and trapped the bulk of his forces on the eastern half of the island, but I pointed out that I needed a mountain or I could still lose or at least not get an overwhelming win. So I cajoled him into to continue playing and now the result is up in the air.)

StormCrow, yes I am taking requests under advisement. It'll just depend on how easy it is to implement vs how much value it'll add. However, I DID just fix the bug that was happening when a player with less than a full page of games went to view his profile. (Like you! :lol: )

Fantassin, I just have to get past Islander--number 3 on the list--to get to you! So that's my plan--knock off number 3 and then number 2 and then number 1! :lol: (And that still won't make me be #1, but it should move me way up the list!)

To all: Yes you SHOULD report ALL your games to the ladder. It helps us gain data--how many other people are surprised that most of the games end in Overwhelming wins? Something else a lot of data would do: When we record a bunch of games with all the new fields we'll know which side is winning a game, as well as the average rank of the side doing the winning, so we can tell if a scenario IS unbalanced.
pterrok
Colonel
Colonel

Postby sorcerer » Thu May 19, 2005 1:56 am

I have been going through my list of games and have come across a problem.

When On To Paris first got released I played a game against Kardon. He won overwhelming and this was reported. (game no:566 04.02.2005)
Unfortunatly the ladder at the time did fully support OTP results and it did not add the points on for his win, to either of our ladder scores.

So when the ladder was changed to include OTP he reported the game again. This then duplicated the result as the first report then functioned. Then after many emails..the first report was taken away from our ladder points and the second one left standing.

During the changeover the first report seems to have been reinstated as a result. Please could you remove the above game report (game no:566 04.02.2005) and leave the second one (game no:579 09.02.2005).

This will therefore affect both our ladder rankings.

Regards..

Allan.
sorcerer
Lieutenant-Colonel
Lieutenant-Colonel

Next

Return to Announcements/News